Warning Signs That Your Home Has Mold Damage

HomeBlogWarning Signs That Your Home Has Mold Damage

Mold damage is a serious issue that can negatively affect your home and your health. It is important to know what the beginning signs of mold damage are so that you can have the mold removed. Once mold damage is spotted, it is vital to have it removed as soon as possible. To help you be able to identify and remove mold damage quickly, be on the lookout for the following warning signs of mold damage:

  • Humidity – Having ongoing high humidity in a home provides the perfect home for mold to grow. Humidity will lead to condensation on windows and windowsills. Being aware of the humidity in your home will help to prevent future mold damage.

Warning Signs That Your Home Has Mold Damage

  • Water Damage – If you have had water damage to any degree, you are at a greater risk to develop mold damage.
  • Odor – A pungent odor in your home can mean that you have mold damage. The stronger the smell, the more likely it is that you have mold damage.
  • Visible Signs of Mold – If you see mold, there is no question that you need to have the mold removed. The one area of visible mold may not be the only location of mold in your home. This is one of the reasons we recommend hiring a professional mold expert to address the problem.

If you notice one or more of these warning signs, give us a call at Peek Mold Control. We know mold, and we know how to remove it effectively and completely. We can also make suggestions for how to prevent it from occurring again.